Setauket Auto Wreckers Inc. 91 Gnarled Hollow Rd. Setauket, NY 11733

PHONE- 1-631-689-8401


Do I need to be a dealer to purchase vehicles from Setauket Auto Wreckers?
No. We are open to the public, anyone can purchase from us.

Once I agree to purchase a vehicle are there any buyers fees?
No. Once a price for a vehicle has be established there are no additional buyers fees.

What kind of title do these vehicles have?
All of our cars are from insurance companies. They have either a New York 907A or a salvage title.

Can I give you a deposit to hold a vehicle?
Yes. A deposits will hold a vehicle for up to three days. All deposits are non-refundable.

How do I go about purchasing a vehicle?
Call us on the phone and we will give you the information needed for payment and delivery.

Can you get me the parts
Yes, we will take the time to find any and all the parts for any vehicle purchased through us.

Is this vehicle from an insurance company?
Yes. All the vehicles we sell are insurance totaled vehicles.

Can these vehicles be registered again?
Yes. In NY each vehicle must be inspected by DMV before it may be registered. It is the buyers responsibility to check the requirements in their state, as to the requirements for title. Each state has their own regulations.

Can I fix a vehicle in your yard so I can drive it home?
No. Sorry no repairs allowed in our yard. In NY it is un-lawful to drive these vehicles on the road until they have been inspected.

Can I drive it home?
No. In NY it is un-lawful to drive these vehicles on the road until they have been inspected. Don’t expect to drive it home. We won’t allow it. Plan on shipping any vehicle purchased.

Can you fix it for me?
No. We are not a repair shop. We are a liquidation center for damaged vehicles.

Can this vehicle be shipped out of the country?
Yes. All our vehicles can be shipped out. Be sure that the country you are shipping to will allow it.

How much is shipping?
Contact a car shipping company for shipping quotes.

Is financing available?
We do not do any in house financing. However people that need to finance usually use their credit cards or credit card company checks.

Do I have to pay New York sales tax?
As a New York State Salvage Dealer, we are required to collect NYS sales tax on vehicles being registered in NY. If you are purchasing for use in a state other than NY we do NOT collect sales tax.

Where can I find the parts?
http://www.uneedapart.com Used Auto Parts | Used Car Parts – U Need A Part is a Free Online Used Auto Parts, Car Parts, Truck Parts, & Motorcycle Parts Locator Service. Search hundreds of Auto Salvage Yards for the Used Car Parts you need.”